If you want a letter for post-graudate applications, please read the following carefully!
It is great to know that you want to pursue a higher degree!
The necessary condition
for asking for a letter from me is to get an A in my courses. For classes with sizes above 150 (multiple sessions combined), a tighter condition applies (among the top 15% of the final grade), and our TAs will notify those among the top 15%.
- If you fail to meet the necessary condition, I am afraid that, even if I agree to write a letter, my letter will be lukewarm and useless, if not harmful, for you. Thus, I suggest you reach out to other faculties who would write you a strong letter.
- If you meet the necessary condition and want a letter from me, please send me an email in September, not earlier unless in special circumstances. I will reply if I am happy to write you a letter.
If I agree to write you a letter, here are the logistics:
- Please find my information at my webpage at CUHK Shenzhen. My phone number is 0755-23518856. What you need to do is to fill in my information as your recommender when applying. The programs that you apply to will send an email to me. Then, I will upload a letter for you.
- There is no need for you to provide a draft. Yet, please send me your CV, transcript, a photo (such as student card photo or other photo, so that I can make sure that I will use he/she correctly in the letter), and a page of self-introduction which contains information that is not included in the CV and transcript. Please send these files to me via email when you start to apply.
- The deadline for application is for you, but not for my letter. Please refrain from asking me whether I have sent your letter unless it has been three weeks after you submit your applications or under other special circumstances. I will send letters out in batches with some lags.
- Please also refrain from sending me updating/other emails. I simply do not need any other infromation.